Time and time again, the celebrated British car manufacturer has been able to present the realm of car enthusiasts to some of the most incredible cars of all time.
And one such model from the very brand we’ve all been smitten by and just can’t do without talking about is Jaguar XF, which is known to have made history by being the most awarded Jag ever. Not to forget, the model registered terrific sales with a whopping quarter of a million cars sold.
First introduced as a premium, mid-size sedan in 2008, the XF has gone through some significant design and technology changes over the years.
Let’s compare the two of the latest models here; XF 2015 vs XF 2016
- The 2015 XF model was certainly way too tweaked in terms of exterior and interior design. The manufacturer managed to lower the roof and squeeze the size a bit for a sleek, stylish look while still keeping enough knee room and headroom inside.
- Although there was no such need for major stylistic changes, the XF sedan has undergone some significant modifications on the outside for 2016 – all sculpted aluminium body, a modified front grille and new, stylish LED tail lamps and daytime running. What’s more, the sedan’s inside is equipped with a modified steering wheel, updated controls and revised gauge cluster.
Features and Technology
- The standard safety equipment in the 2015 XF included a blind spot monitoring system, six airbags, stability control, anti-lock brakes and active front headrests which earned the car a four-star rating in rigorous European crash tests.
- This year, a few more high-tech features including park assist, rear cross-traffic alert, forward-collision warning with automatic braking, full light-emitting diode headlights, a 360-degree camera system and automatic high beams, are added to the XF taking safety to a whole new level.
- The 2015 Jag FX is powered by the standard turbocharged 4-cylinder, 240-horsepower engine. However, speed enthusiasts can opt for a supercharged V6, 3.0-liter 340-horsepower as well as a 5.0-liter 470-510 horsepower supercharged V8. Additionally, real-wheel-drive come standard on the FX with only the V6 having optional all-wheel-drive.
- For 2016, the supercharged V6 is all that remains offering either 340 or 380 horsepower. An eight-speed automatic transmission is still there along with real-wheel-drive and optional all-wheel-drive.
While the outgoing model was always an ideal creation and demanded for nothing more, the 2016 XF has only enhanced the driving experience and Jag standard. Take a test drive and decide what’s the best option for you.